My goal is to attempt to make you, collectors of my artwork, pleased with your experience and with my photographs that you purchase. My online store is new and I will be improving it over time. Below are my guidelines that I will following in my dealings with you, my customers.
Pre Sales Guidelines
Realizing that viewing images online does not always give you the clarity that you might want when making a decision to purchase a print. To this end:
1. If you would like a to view, please go to this page and tell me which image that you would like to review. Please leave your email and phone number so that I can contact you if necessary. The image will be watermarked for my copyright protection. This feature may eventually be automated.
2. If you’d rather review a print, I can make a smaller, watermarked print (8×10 on basic photo paper). Do this by selecting to purchase the “Sample Print” and include the name of the photograph that you would like to receive. There is a modest fee to cover my expenses but if you decide to buy the editioned print, I will credit you for the cost of the sample print. Any sample print is not to used for publication, duplication or represented as an original print. I retain the right to decline to send samples to any customer.
3. Certain items can be custom printed: e.g. changing the size of the print, changing the matting , printing on a different type of paper or output as a metal print. Since prices may vary for each of these changes, I will need to give you a quote. Whenever possible, I will attempt to meet your needs. If you’d like to Contact Me with your questions, please do so and I will responds as soon as possible.In the future, we will be investigating upgrading the website to offer this function more directly.
4.If you would like to see an image on the website but not listed in the Shop for Photos pages, can be printed and sold to you, Contact Me with your inquiry and I can see if that image can be printed and what the cost of it would be.
5. I will to attempt to make collectors of my artwork satisfied with my work and your online experience. My online store is new and will be improving over time. My focus will be on making my customers happy with their experience and purchases. You may Contact Me with your input and concerns.
Post Sales Guidelines
1. Orders will be processed and shipped within 5 working days of receipt of the order and payment. Since I am producing your photograph myself, there may be times where I will need more time, but I will notify you, my customer if I anticipate needing a longer processing period.
2. If you receive a print and want to return it, please Contact Me and let me know why you do not want the print. I will attempt to correct any problems that we feel are warranted. At times where we are unable to agree on a solution, you may return the item in the same packaging and I will refund your purchase minus shipping. All items should be returned within 10 days of receiving them and you will need to contact me before sending photographs back. This excludes any damaged items. See “Damages” under Terms and Conditions.
3. Every attempt is made to ship in a secure package but problem might occasionally occur. It is important that you inspect packages when they are delivered. See “Damages” under Terms and Conditions for any photograph damaged during shipment.
Guideline for Conditions of Purchases
1. Prints are printed on a fine art print using archival ink and matted using archival materials.<
2. Materials that we use may change, we will attempt to make that information available on the website.
Each print will be signed by the photographer and will be numbered in editions of a specified size (unless otherwise specified, they will be in editions of 25). The size of the editions as part of the product description. You will also get a certificate of authenticity along with the print. Each photograph is the sole work of Grahame Perry/Grahame Perry Photography and is printed by the artist.
Print payment is made through the PayPal (and soon Google wallet services), I do not take credit card charges, checks or cash directly. We may broaden this to allow for addition payment services which we will announce through the website and other communications. Our refund policy is listed in this document.
Terms & Conditions of Sale (legal conditions)
The guidelines above are written as directly and simply as possible.
Many payment services (e.g., PayPal) require that a more legalist Terms and Conditions be written. It is NOT my objective to run my online shop and work with you, my customer by quoting from legal text but I do need to have these thing in place.
IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE ATTENTION: This notice applies to the supply of products by Grahame Perry through my website to my customer. Please read these terms carefully before confirming an order. By confirming an order you indicate that you accept these terms. This notice is issued by Grahame Perry Photography.
How the contract is formed between You and Grahame Perry Photography
All orders are subject to availability and subject to my acceptance of your order. The contract between us will be formed upon your online payment. I reserve the right to reject an order without an obligation to supply my reason for so doing.
Copyright and License
Grahame Perry/Grahame Perry Photography retains the copyright of all products. You are not permitted to reproduce products, or any part of our products, in any shape or form, subject to the conditions prescribed under US Copyright law and similar legislation that applies in your location.
All product(s) specifications are described on the product description page. I will review the product specifications occasionally so I reserves the right to amend the specifications of any our product(s) without prior notice. I may not change to number of prints in Limited Edition prints or add new editions of previously editions prints with making this evident before any of the editions are sold. All products are subject to the artistic modifications determined by Grahame Perry, the photographer.
I will endeavor to display and describe as accurately as possible the colors of our product(s) which appear on our website or product descriptions, but cannot undertake to give any assurance that the colors of product(s) supplied will exactly match those displayed on your monitor. This is a consequence of multi-standard color systems, notably the international screen based color system of RGB and the print color system of CMYK. I also retain the rights to modify images based on artistic factors.
Limited Editions Artworks
The total number of prints listed under each Limited Edition Artwork represents the total number of collectors’ prints being produced commercially for that artwork. No more will be produced for sale once all prints have sold out. We reserve the right to produce up to two ‘Artist’s Proofs’ (AP) for each artwork, in addition to the editions quoted, but if these are produced they are not produced for commercial sale.
Please note that artworks sold collectively, such as in a book, are subject to separate conditions.
Prices and Sales Taxes
All listed prices exclude sales tax unless stated otherwise. The current sales tax rate of 8.75% will normally be applied.
All prices exclude shipping and additional services (e.g., framing) unless stated otherwise.
You, the customer must make payment as part of the online ordering process via the designated 3rd Parties (currently PayPal). If we do not receive payment, the order is not processed. I do not accept cash, credit cards, future or partial payments.
In case of orders of special sizes or different printing options, after discussion with you, I will setup a product page for the special order where you can reserve and pay via the normal ordering process.
All details provided by you for the purpose of the order and its delivery must be correct and sufficient payment must be available to cover the full cost of the product(s) ordered. I reserve the right to obtain validation of your PayPal or Google Wallet details before accepting your order.
Prices are in US Dollars. Currently we only are setup for sales within the United States. In the future, sales to other countries may be added to the online sales.
Orders will be processed and shipped within 5 working days of receipt of the order and payment. Since I am producing your photograph myself, there may be times where I will need more time, but I will notify you, my customer if I anticipate needing a longer processing period.
The delivery address and method of delivery of the product(s) will be as shown on the invoice. I will endeavor to process the order and print and mount the photograph(s) in accordance to the time periods, charges and methods described in these terms and conditions. Any time periods quoted for delivery are indicative only. You will be provided a tracking number if the shipping methods supplies me with one. I reserve the right to refuse delivery to some destinations.
You must inspect the product(s) on delivery and, in the case where product(s) have been delivered by carrier, sign the required proof of delivery document or collection acceptance document. A signature on that document will constitute receipt of the associated order free from any apparent defect or damage. If the product(s) are found to be damaged or defective on delivery, a description of the alleged damage or defect must be given in writing at the time of delivery and signed by you or on your behalf.
Where a signature is required for proof of delivery you are responsible for ensuring that you, or an authorized person, is available at the time of delivery. If the item is subsequently returned to the company, and I have provided sufficient prior notification for that delivery, I may incur an additional charge for any subsequent re-delivery attempt which I will pass on to the customer.
If an order is damaged in transit please do not sign for acceptance of the delivery. We will require the courier to return the damaged product to us so that we can send a replacement or issue a refund accordingly.
If an order is confirmed lost or stolen in transit we will issue a full refund or replacement (subject to availability of further editions).
Rights of cancellation
The customer has the right to request cancellation of an order If you wish to request cancellation please send an email to email@example.com. If you cancel before the items has shipped I will refund your payment. If the item has been shipped, you will be refunded your payment minus the shipping and packaging costs.
While I endeavor to ensure that the information on the website and product lists are correct, I do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the website or product lists. I may make changes to the material on the website or product lists, or to the product(s) and prices described in it, at any time without prior notice.
Governing law and jurisdiction
The transaction with respect to the goods which are the subject of this online sale shall be governed by and interpreted and constructed in accordance with the laws of the state of California. Any action arising out of such transaction shall be brought exclusively in courts seated in San Francisco County, California or the Federal District Court, Northern District of California. Buyers agreement to such exclusive jurisdiction and venue is a condition of sale.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this online sale, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration in the accordance with the rules, the obtaining of the American Arbitration Association and judgment upon the award rendered may be entered in the highest court of the Forum, Sate, or Federal, having jurisdiction.
I accept no liability for any failure to comply with this agreement where such failure is due to circumstances beyond my reasonable control.
If I waive any rights available to me under this agreement on one occasion, this does not mean that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasion.
If any of the terms of this agreement are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
(Last updated 12/11/13)
Grahame Perry /Grahame Perry Photography